The wrong way indeed.

You may have noticed we havent updated in a while. Did we get killed by robbers? Have a car accident?

No - but we finally reached the bottom.

We reached the bottom and now have to bounce out and head somewhere to refuel. Belize has made my 30s a magical time in my life and am very sad to have to leave. We have what we think will pay for our plane tickets and about $200 extra. I hope its enough. However running out of money on the way is not what I am so worried about.
Trying to be an American again is going to be difficult for me. I have never "fit in" up there and I definitely feel like Belize is my home, not the US. I am looking at jobs online and and they all sound like, well, crap. If you are reading this from the US, you have a chance to see me in a paper hat and standing by a buffet with a fake smile day after day after day. Maybe I can even have a high school kid for a boss.
I have a college degree in micro electronics and majored in semiconductor manufacturing. Why not work in my field? Well, I will give it a try but I am 99% sure I will not get it. Its a 5 year gap in work history, credit, home address, references - everything a company uses to determine if you are a stable employee. One look at my resume and it easy to tell I am not in it for a career. So, what do I do? I think I missed the deadlines to go do seasonal work in Alaska, Grand Canyon, ect. Im still looking though. If I cant find one soon its going to be Walmart or 7-11 jobs for me.
What would you do? Really, I want advice.

This blog will continue. It will be updated less often. I will use it to document our attempt to make money to come back to Belize - the RIGHT way. With money!

Upcoming events on this blog will include...
Finding work in the USA. - not easy right now.
saving a goal amount of money
returning to Belize and kicking ass
spending wisely
getting residency
carving out our life in a way WE see fit.

Step by step we will do it. You get to learn from our mistakes.

Unless...
Do you have opportunity for us? We need the help.
Also...
We don't need our $50us per month house anymore. Do you want it? The garden is about to give fruit and veggies. We have furniture and all the household goods someone would need to live here. Even a bicycle.
Some one could relieve me of these things for a very special price and I would be happy to talk my landlord into keeping your rent the same price. (Like I said before - $50 rent is not normal or easy to find for new comers to Belize.)
I am going to start selling everything to help with travel money, but if you want you can move in here and have it all. (you would need to buy it all new to live here anyway)

Want to move here? Have a job for us there? Either way - email me or post a comment. Lets talk.

Until then I will be here looking for plane tix and work in The States.

No comments:

Post a Comment