What does it cost to make a quick run to the store?

I went to the store today to restock the kitchen. We already had veggies and beans. We didn't need more rice or flour. So it was a small restock. Today I decided to get a few treats and some of the "expensive" stuff we don't normally buy.
Here we have what I bought for $37bz. Is it a good deal?
I dont know. I forgot what these things cost in other places. I think my normal weekly grocery costs are about $50bz to $75bz. That buys my rice, beans, flour and veggies. Meat has become a luxury so I will not include any. We eat meat when we go into San Ignacio or once every 2 week at home.
Above you can see I got some things that will last a long time. The oil and coffee will last a month or more. The bread goes moldy fast here so we try to eat that up in 2 or 3 days. The spaghetti is a treat. It breaks up the rice and beans routine. The milk in the cans is a treat too. One is for mashed potato/cauliflower tonight and the other will be for morning coffee.That big white blob looking thing in the lower left of the picture is a half of a chicken. We get it at the shop near our house for $5bz. Its a pretty good deal for me. The last items, in the bottom right, are treats for Amy (and me). Those little cups are ice cream and that particular brand of cookies is Amys favorite. The ice cream cost $1.75bz each and the cookies were $1bz.

So, do you think it a good deal? I'm happy with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment